BottleRock Napa Valley doesn’t mess around with its 10pm curfew.
Guns N’ Roses closed out Saturday night’s festivities with an epic two-and-a-half-hour performance that ended with Dave Grohl joining them onstage to help with guitars and backup vocals on “Paradise City.” All was going well until the clock struck 10 and promoters promptly cut the sound, halfway through the song. But that didn’t stop the band from finishing out the hit in full force, with the crowd screaming the lyrics, rendering the attempt to quiet things down completely useless.
More from SPIN:
- Dave Grohl Describes Going Punk in Excerpt From His Upcoming Memoir
- Foo Fighters Troll Westboro Baptist Church by Covering Bee Gees’ ‘You Should Be Dancing’ Outside of Kansas Show
- Guns N’ Roses Release First New Song in 13 Years
A festival goer caught the whole thing on tape, which you can see below. Watch out for the sound cut at the 3:10 mark.
As Blabbermouth points out, BottleRock takes its 1opm cutoff so seriously because the festival grounds are in a residential area with homes facing the main stage. The Napa Valley Expo curfew was instituted when neighbors complained about the sound after Bottlerock’s inaugural year in 2013. GNR isn’t the first band to break curfew. The Cure did it in 2014, Foo Fighters in 2017 and Neil Young in 2019. The Foos are wrapping up the festival tonight, so who know, maybe they’ll break it again.
See GNR’s BottleRock full setlist below.
- It’s So Easy
- Mr. Brownstone
- Chinese Democracy
- Slither (Velvet Revolver cover)
- Double Talkin’ Jive
- Welcome to the Jungle (Link Wray’s “Rumble” intro)
- Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
- You’re Crazy (Slow version)
- Rocket Queen
- You Could Be Mine
- I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges cover) (Duff on lead vocals) Absurd
- Civil War (with band introductions)
- Slash Guitar Solo (Muddy Waters’ “Mannish Boy” Jam)
- Sweet Child o’ Mine
- November Rain
- Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb cover)
- Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door (Bob Dylan cover)
- Patience(with P!nk)
- Paradise City(with Dave Grohl)
The post BottleRock Pulls The Plug On Guns N’ Roses’ Set With Dave Grohl on Stage appeared first on SPIN.
To see our running list of the top 100 greatest guitarists of all time, click here.