"I had to really go on a mental health journey,"
Katy Perry has spoken about dealing with depression.
Speaking to Vogue, Perry said that her fiancé, the actor Orlando Bloom, has been and continues to be a vital source of support.
“I became depressed and I did not want to get out of bed. In the past, I had been able to overcome it, but this time something happened that made me fall down too many flights of stairs,” Perry said. “I had to really go on a mental health journey.”
“I’ve gone to therapy, been through the Hoffman Process, done plant medicine,” she said, referring to the week-long retreat that claims to help people “identify negative behaviors, moods, and ways of thinking.”
“And I have a partner who is also all about finding a balance – Orlando, who is on a spiritual journey of his own,” Perry said. “He’s an anchor who holds me down, and he’s very real. He’s not the number one fan of Katy Perry, but he’s the number one fan of Katheryn Hudson.”
Meanwhile, Perry is expected to release the follow-up to ‘Witness’ this year.
FOR HELP AND ADVICE ON MENTAL HEALTH:
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- MIND – For mental health support, advice and awareness
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day